Five Days 'Til Christmas

December 20, 2016

Five days 'til Christmas 

 
So, I finally got the guest bedroom back to looking like a place someone might actually want to sleep. Not like we have a lot of overnight guests but my mom does sleep here when she comes and helps with the Carolina Moon sales. Mom deserves a beautiful place to sleep (and occasionally I wind up here when the "hubs" snoring shows no end in sight. This little cabinet is actually a piece my mom found and it didn't sell at the December show. In fact almost everything I decorated with were leftovers. (Y'all left some amazing stuff behind :)
It's a little record cabinet and it is perfect to store all my flea market decor magazines! 

 

I can sort them on the four shelves by season and pull them out for inspiration. This room is full of inspiration and Christmas cheer. 

 

I'm not a "put a tree in every room person" but this room needed some love. I absolutely love the way White artificial trees look after they have sat s while. I added some cream beaded garland and several of the old window candles like my Grandmas used to put in the windows of their houses. The stocking was an inspiration by Sarah Coffey Designs. I bought several from her a couple of sales ago so I made some for gifts. There are actually three on the mantle now but I took the pictures before I finished the project. I'm actually going to give one away to any new instagram followers I get today 12/20/16. Details to come on Instagram and Facebook in a bit. 

   The old doors filled up a blank wall behind the bed and I love how they turned out. 
 

Whenever we go on a trip I always look up antique stores. I try to find old feed sacks. These are from our trips to Pennsylvania, California, and Florida. 


 

That mantle!!!  It was a score from Salvage Sisters in Burlington. Complete with the tiny window that was salvaged from my Grandma and Granddaddy's house and some vintage celluloid reindeer. 


Next blog post will be the kitchen. I have my eyes set on doing something to the window over the sink and sharing my favorite vintage fruitcake tins. 

Merry Christmas! 
Regina 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs